Monday, September 10, 2012

Jill Hooper
This gorgeous woman asked me to sit for a portrait back in August. I haven't the faintest idea what she'll do with the painting, but I did get to spend a couple of sunny afternoons in the most incredible studio on Broad, with the warmest, most engaging, talented classical realist in all of Charleston. In between sittings, I'd wander around drinking wine and basking in the Northern light that floods the entire three room studio.




Also I found this under-painting of Tim in a corner! UNDER-PAINTING. This woman has skills, y'all.


3 comments:

  1. SO BEAUTIFUL!! Hey what's an under-painting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underpainting

      there you go Ms. Wist!

      Delete
  2. Jill Hooper, a personal favorite...what a dream to sit for her. Found your blog via Halcyon, looking forward to future posts

    ReplyDelete