Saturday, September 8, 2012

(LA) Brea Tar Pits

Tim and I were in Los Angeles last week exploring our new territory. We rode around town in a white convertible, made friends with the locals, took giant hikes in Griffith Park, and *think* we sealed the deal on a little blue house in Los Feliz. But the BEST part of the trip was this visit to the La Brea Tar Pit Museum. It's an entire building dedicated to explaining and exploring the bubbling pool of asphalt in the middle of downtown L.A. I spent the better part of the day experimenting with my new Leica (formerly known as Tim's old Leica).






















































Also, MUCH THANKS to Tim & Hailey for the blog assist! 


5 comments:

  1. you have a Leica?! Now not only can you pose, but shoot. Explore on, and when I come visit, I want to go to this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of your mad shutter skills, but unlike the other post, I have no interest in the tar pits. I know exactly what a dinosaur looks like cause my mirror is 20X magnification and it's pretty plain to see. No, I'll take Manhattan Beach thank you and I want it with a cold beer and four men to carry me to my place in the sand atop my own personal litter. As you'll soon discover, my needs as a guest are far more demanding than yours I'm afraid. However I will take naps...just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Shove it, Aunt Kim! I tried your dinosaur jeans on, and they would only fit my butt if I was actually a skeleton. Should Manhattan Beach not meet your expectations, you can feel free to nap in our luxurious SECOND BEDROOM with a view of our LEMON TREE with which you can garnish all of your beverages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through Hailey's blog...I live in Los Feliz! Let me know if you want to have a coffee and get acquainted with the new 'hood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, yes! Absolutely! I'll definitely look you up--we get there in November! Looking so forward to coffee/new friends :)

      Delete