Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Gorgeous

One of our last Friday nights in Charleston was spent at the Gruenloh home celebrating beautiful Anna's birthday. Mike made an amazing dinner (comma of course) Nat & Lily brought bubbles, Tim added to the couple's art collection, and I made Anna a really unfortunate looking (read: hilariously hideous) birthday cake, complete with pink icing and red sprinkles (seriously, I spent a good hour trying to photoshop this cake into oblivion). We played some really intense Uno games and lit sparklers at the end of the night.

















































                                                                 







I could never begin to say enough about Anna. She's the warmest, kindest, most up-for-anything friend a girl could have. She got the red wine stain out of my wedding dress during our reception in two seconds flat, lent me a dress for her own wedding day, painted my students faces for their end-of-year musical (and stayed for the whole performance) and hosted a going away party for Tim & I on her actual birthday. She is incredible and today, she's the thing I miss most about Charleston. Typically I reserve "happy birthday, gorgeous" for my husband, but I'm making an exception this time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment